DTE Energy Associate Account Manager in Detroit, Michigan
Associate Account Manager-11075
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are the largest electric and gas utility in Michigan with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America. We are a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Detroit, Michigan with businesses in 26 different states.
DTE Energy’s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
We care for our employees and prioritize their health and safety first. Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
· Gallup Great Workplace Award for 5 consecutive years
· 7th on Indeed’s annual “50 Best Places to Work” award
· Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
· J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
· Professional Women’s Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
· Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
· Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
· Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
The objective of this position is to sustain and increase Company revenue and profitability. Meeting this objective will be accomplished by establishing, enhancing and managing customer relationships through increased customer satisfaction and loyalty. The assigned customer base will generally consist of small to medium commercial and industrial companies. This positions primary responsible will be to establish relationships with the customers key decision makers. The Associate Account Manager will be DTE Energy’s single point of contact through primarily proactive outbound customer calls. Each position will generally be responsible for a portfolio of approximately 300 customers with annual electric and gas revenue of $25,000 - $200,000 per customer. The Associate Account Manager will be accountable for electric choice activities, determining best rate/price, providing price comparisons, solving customer billing and payment issues, customer expansion activities, etc.
• Proactively develop, maintain and manage relationships with customers key decision makers by understanding customers operation, energy related applications and needs.
• Proactively work with customers and perform simple rate comparisons to determine the best electric and natural gas rates to retain or reacquire customers and ensure that customers are on the best rate. Administer special pricing contracts; educate customers about electric choice, etc.
• Proactively work with customer portfolio to identify business opportunities and customer needs to enhance customer relationships. Manage the customer service process and address service related issues.
• Investigate and resolve customers electric and gas billing issues/problems/concerns, process rate change requests, meter change outs, disconnects and turn-on, prepare contracts & tax forms, address changes, change of business name, etc.
• Work with customers to facilitate and coordinate building expansion and construction issues, changes in their load profiles, administration of rules and policies, collection of associated electric and natural gas charges, etc.
• Coordinate researching and resolving customers other issues and concerns such as a service interruptions, tax issues, collection related matters, etc.
• Input day to day assigned customer interactions into Goldmine.
• Maintain customer and account parent/child relationships in Goldmine.
• Proactively contact customers regarding products and services DTE offers.
• Respond to customers product and service inquiries.
• Join professional related customer organizations. Actively participate in those organizations as well as other community activities.
• Maintain and correct customer and account assignments in all corporate system applications; Goldmine, KCS, CSB, Primary Services database, etc.
• Proactively establish and maintain relationships with individuals in other internal DTE Energy departments who directly and indirectly impact and or influence the level of service received by assigned business customers.
• Assist the Company with its storm emergency response efforts by working your storm assignment.
Education and experience requirements can be satisfied through one of the following options:
Associate Degree in Engineering or Business with 2 years experience in a marketing and sales or customer service
High School diploma or GED and 4 years of experience in marketing or customer service
Preferred: Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Economics, or Business
• Demonstrate technical & analytical skills required to interpret basic rate/price information and resolve commercial & industrial customer rate/price inquiries
• Demonstrate ability to model and resolve fundamental billing related issues and perform rate/price comparisons
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate with subject matter experts at the Company and key decision makers at the customers
• Demonstrate persuasive sales and negotiating skills
• Demonstrate ability to effectively and efficiently work with business customers and internal cross-functional organizations to resolve customer issues
• Demonstrate ability to work in team environment that supports and willingly assists work group members to achieve business success
• Demonstrate strong organization skills and the flexibility necessary to prioritize and adjust daily/weekly/monthly assignments and schedules to meet customer and Company objectives
• Demonstrate a basic understanding of DTE Energy roles, responsibilities, processes, procedures, rates, special contracts, and products/services
• Improve knowledge and skill level by continuously seeking new information and learning new methods of performing work
• Must have working knowledge of computer applications; Excel, Word, Power Point
• Will be required to complete a Company sponsored basic electricity class
• Will be required to complete a Company sponsored energy management class or equivalent
• Will be required to complete a Company sponsored sales and negotiating class
• Possess a valid driver’s license and meet Company driving standards
• Provide own transportation
Job: Sales & Marketing
Title: Associate Account Manager
Primary Location: Michigan-Detroit
Requisition ID: 11075