DTE Energy General Supervisor - Distribution Ops in Marysville, Michigan
General Supervisor - Distribution Ops-11078
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are the largest electric and gas utility in Michigan with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America. We are a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Detroit, Michigan with businesses in 26 different states.
DTE Energy’s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
We care for our employees and prioritize their health and safety first. Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
· Gallup Great Workplace Award for 5 consecutive years
· 7th on Indeed’s annual “50 Best Places to Work” award
· Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
· J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
· Professional Women’s Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
· Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
· Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
· Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Description*This position is for the Marysville Service Center location**
** Job Summary:
Supervises the construction, operation, troubleshooting, restoration and maintenance of the Company’s electrical distribution system (or some operational unit thereof – underground, overhead, substations, operations & maintenance, warehousing, etc.). Monitors and leads multiple crews of represented, non-represented, and contract-based skilled and unskilled trade, professional, and related employees, including first-line supervisors in the restoration and maintenance of the electrical distribution system. Assists in the management of the Company’s service center(s). Span of control: varies (depending on the operational area), typically 5-15 jobs & 25-75 FTEs (direct, second- level, etc.)
** Key Accountabilities:
Performs or guides & ensures the accomplishment of the following core management functions for a given BU (or group within that BU): planning, organizing, directing, staffing / employee selection & performance management, coordinating, reporting & budgeting.
Directs first-line supervisors in the utilization of available resources to plan, schedule and execute construction, operation, troubleshooting, restoration and maintenance of the electrical distribution system, consistent with prevailing priority and productivity considerations.
Develops goals, measures and targets in support of applicable Corporate objectives.
Participates in organizational talent & workforce planning; participates in all applicable aspects of Company/Union interactions (partnership teams, bargaining, grievance administration, etc.).
Ensures that all work is carried out in accordance with applicable Company, state (MIOSHA) and federal (OSHA) safety, health, and environmental standards, regulations, policies & procedures.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities.
Utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the
organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe
the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended
as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the
rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work
of employees under their supervision.
** Minimum : this is a dual-track base requirement job; education & experience requirements can be satisfied through either of the following three options:
High School Diploma or equivalent and the knowledge & capabilities typically acquired through 9-plus years of experience (see “Experience”)
Associate degree or certificate (the completion of an institutionally-designated group of discipline-related courses) in business, engineering or related discipline and the knowledge & capabilities typically acquired through 7-plus years of experience (see “Experience”)
Bachelor degree in business, engineering or related discipline and the knowledge and & capabilities typically acquired through 5-plus years of experience (see “Experience”)
** Experience : entailing construction, operation, troubleshooting, restoration & maintenance of a utility-based or substantially equivalent electrical distribution system, or other directly related operations or maintenance experience, inclusive of 2-plus years in a supervisory or ‘lead worker’ capacity (e.g. project manager). May require Red Tag qualification and initial and/or periodic drug or fitness for duty testing (candidates without Red Tag qualification may be required to obtain such certification as a condition of continued
· Proficient verbal, written and presentation skills; communicates clearly, with credibility and confidence
· Ability to conduct effective & efficient meetings; manages meetings with optimal results.
· Flexibility & the ability to work with shifting priorities; embrace new/evolving responsibilities.
· Provides leadership through example in a unionized environment, consistent with prevailing collective bargaining agreements (typically based on experience in a unionized environment).
· Promotes an atmosphere conducive to the open exchange of new ideas, and alternatives to orthodox approaches.
· Motivates through ‘leading by example,’ coaching/mentoring and providing ongoing constructive feedback to subordinate staff; competent in systematically eliciting the best efforts & results from subordinate staff.
· Ability to travel & report for work at different locations (typically within the Corporation’s service area); incumbents are responsible for their own transportation.
Job: Electric Distribution Operations & Maintenance
Title: General Supervisor - Distribution Ops
Primary Location: Michigan-Marysville
Requisition ID: 11078